Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Lessons...

With the third years, I'm moving them away from the "Here's an English grammar I'd like you to use conversationally" type lessons to classes that are more focused on pair-work and presentations. The idea is that I want them to improve their presenting skills (which they will need for their university interviews and in their university classes); I want to point out more directly the mistakes they are commonly making; and it's a chance for them to speak English on the spot (that's as close to a real life situation as I can duplicate in a classroom). The hardest part about this is trying to come up with presentation ideas that are both useful and engaging for the students. This week's topic is by far my favorite. It really gives the students a chance to be studious, or silly--whatever their choice.

The topic is teaching someone how to do something. 

Some students really gave their how-to topic some thought:



While others were a bit more silly.


A diamond!



Check out this flow chart!


This one is based on the "ore ore sagyo" scam. A bit too real, but got a nice laugh from the class. 


This one is by far my favorite. Sometimes being a good friend really is that easy. 








No comments:

Post a Comment