I like writing about the changing of the seasons in Japan. Coming from northern California where we really only have two seasons (nice and not that nice), living in a place that has four distinct seasons helps to delineate the year. 12 months isn't over until you've gone a full cycle of the seasons and moved the clothes from the back of your closet to the front, only to put them away again when the temperatures change. That's a much better way of measuring the passage of time than tearing pages off a calendar, if you ask me.
I was all set to talk about how the weather, as usual, turned on a dime, when today's remnants of a typhoon turned that dime back another 180 degrees and brought back the humidity and heat. Ugh. Sweat upon layer of sweat upon layer of sweat. Guess I'm keeping those shorts and tank tops on the frontlines a bit longer after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment